+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coy

Coy

Any help for new driver right out of school? What is your best advice? What about starting with Werner?

Super Moderator
    Hi Susan - first off, welcome to the boards.

The first question you might want to ask yourself is what do you want to do with your career? What boundaries are you willing to set for yourself in searching for a job (what kind of route/hours/away time are you willing to deal with?)

Furthermore, where are you located? Werner is certainly not a bad company, but perhaps we can help reccomend some other companies to begin trucking with. The more you tell us, the more we can help. Thank you!

Hello Smokeybandit23.... I guess I want to work a regional route, and with those big wishes right off the bat, I felt like Werner could fill the bill. I also have my 1 yr old dog that I would like to bring after I am assigned my own truck. I live in the San Antonio, TX suburb of Converse...... very near the Flying J on Foster Rd

Super Moderator
    In that case, I would say Werner seems like the right fit. They're very good about suppyling drivers with regional runs and the pet rider policy is a huge plus. I would say that you ought to go for it - it seems to fit your lifestyle and what you need at the moment.

Smokeybandit23, I realize I have been all over the place with my thoughts, but I found Prime to be an even better fit for me. I'll be running otr for 2 months with a trainer, then I should be able to go solo by then or whenever I get my 10-30000 miles. Thanks for your opinion..... I may need your advise again

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan_W View Post
    Smokeybandit23, I realize I have been all over the place with my thoughts, but I found Prime to be an even better fit for me. I'll be running otr for 2 months with a trainer, then I should be able to go solo by then or whenever I get my 10-30000 miles. Thanks for your opinion..... I may need your advise again
    Susan, no worries. Prime is another excellent company to pair with. I think it's an excellent idea to find a co. that is going to take your trianing seriously and devote a great deal of time to your learning experience.

Please feel free to check back in! Let us know how it goes!

I will!! Thank you for your assistance and advice

+ Reply to Thread