+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Age descrimination

Thumbs up Age descrimination

Realizing that it is not meant to happen, it does. Just looking for a company that will employ a experienced driver with over 26 years of driving experience? The ones, which I wont name, I have called tell me a lot of things, like submit the application, but when you do you never hear from them again.

Either that or you get the quick get lost shuffle. Interesting but true. I retired from driving in 2011, although I have been driving, part time, locally ( Seattle to Portland) for a friend since, just to keep busy. After all retirement sucks, especially when you have worked all your life.

Anyway, any ideas?

That's unfortunate, but even more so surprising given your level of experience.

Assuming you can pass a DOT physical, and have a clean record. You should be able to get picked up pretty quick. Especially if you're willing to go OTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Realizing that it is not meant to happen, it does. Just looking for a company that will employ a experienced driver with over 26 years of driving experience? The ones, which I wont name, I have called tell me a lot of things, like submit the application, but when you do you never hear from them again.

Either that or you get the quick get lost shuffle. Interesting but true. I retired from driving in 2011, although I have been driving, part time, locally ( Seattle to Portland) for a friend since, just to keep busy. After all retirement sucks, especially when you have worked all your life.

Anyway, any ideas?
    Agree with Captain America.
    For example a company like Schneider will look at your past 10 years. So if you start with them, you will be considered to have 5 years experience, which is plenty and should qualify you for their top pay. There are other companies that will go back more than 5 years as well, just gotta find em. Smaller companies will also overlook your time off if you got the skill.

Good luck!

Lots of companies want you but no company will pay you what your worth to start. the main thing is you get running

Ok. Can we try plain english instead of rambling hogwash.

Super Moderator
    Black Knight - who have you applied with? If you want to send me a private message that's fine, too. In the past few months I have seen quite a few companies have a need for drivers looking into a "refresher" course - in other words, experienced drivers who may have been out of the game for a little while.

Even still, I'm sorry that you're facing that sort of discrimination. I'd be happy to dicuss some companies to look into that oughta give you a chance. Right now Averitt comes to mind.

Again, feel free to message me if you want to discuss your matters more privately.

+ Reply to Thread